Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Module 8: Learning Activity

One of my favorite picture books is Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak. This would definitely be a story that I would use to base a learning activity off of in my own classroom. Since this story is about a boy and his wild imagination after being sent to his room with no supper, I would have my students use their own imaginations for this activity. I would have each student think of a world that they would create in their own bedrooms if no one else could see it. Just as the main character, Max, creates the imaginative jungle environment, I would have students illustrate environments of their own and then either write or discuss them. I would then allow students time to share with their classmates the different environments that they have created. This is a great activity to expand the students imaginations within their writing and their reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment