Wednesday, December 17, 2014

The Prewriting Process

The prewriting process has actually always been something that I both enjoyed and dreaded. I have always been a procrastinator when it came to my writing so the idea of prewriting has always started off tough for me. However, I have also always enjoyed the writing process because I have always been so big on planning. The idea of prewriting is a great way to plan out my writing and organize my thoughts. For this paper, the first thing that I did was to choose a topic that interested me the most. I chose historical fiction because I love the idea of writing a fictional story based off of something real in history. I then began to think about what historical fiction really is and why it is so important for children to read it. After I started thinking about these ideas the creative juices started to flow and I was able to begin planning out my essay. I then began to free write and jot down all the thoughts about the topic that came to my mind. Doing this allowed me to get my thoughts down on the paper that would soon become my paragraph topics so that I could expand on them and begin my first draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment